I am at a 100% loss for words. And while sending thoughts and prayers is one way to raise consciousness and show support for those slain and their families, it’s time to jackhammer racial oppression and violence. It’s been time…
#EricGarner, #RamarleyGraham,#RekiaBoyd, #TamirRice, #FreddieGray, #SandraBland, #TrayvonMartin, #KimaniGray, #SeanBell, #MikeBrown, #MyaHall, and the many others.
With hope that these tragedies propel you into action rather than paralyze you, I share these resources with the goal of dismantling racial oppression in all its forms.
- Understand the legislation put forward to end police brutality.
- Get the facts about police brutality.
- Get uncomfortable, white allies.
- Educate yourself, white allies.
- Put your bodies in the streets, white allies.
- Teach your white sons to use their privilege as a tool for good, white allies.
- Raise money for victims’ families.
- Trust Black Women and support reproductive justice + racial justice.
- Take care of yourself. Self-care is radical.
And this. #BlackLivesMatter