Thank you Jezebel for bringing this disturbing news to light.
Apparently, some gentleman (*sarcasm*) by the name of Kenneth Tong is promoting what he calls the “managed anorexia” lifestyle on Twitter. Sample tweets of his include:
- The beginning is always today. Managed anorexia is a lifestyle, not a diet.
- Kenneth Tong: making self-concious girls even more demanding and critical, reminding them it’s not okay to be fat and to be a plus size.
- Promoting the future, managed anorexia is a lifestyle, skinniness is a dream I want all Girls to live. Size zero is perfection.
- Hope my size zero & managed anorexia message gets global; thin people too busy being successful whilst the fat hate and just ate.
- Beyonce & Kardashian are both acquired tastes. Curvy, yes, but for a Heffalump like you to comfort yourself by relating to them is criminal.
- My Tweets must make fat people suicidal, truthfully, I should be your thinspiration, but we all know plus sizes can’t think straight.
- All you non size zero girls need to keep a food diary, noting everything you eat & drink – review it daily and see how imperfect you are.
Um, WHAT. Size zero is perfection!? Heffalump?! Thinspiration?! Two words: fuck off.
I’d love to dismiss this jerkoff as quickly as I do dog shit on the sidewalk, but this dude’s got almost 20,500+ Twitter followers. Which means tens of thousands of women may be buying into this nonsense.
So, if you’re on Twitter, drop @MrKennethTong a line and let him know what an ass he is.